You can also start a business at home that requires more local work with individuals or going to other locations with your home as the base.
These positions are often just as lucrative as the online businesses but require a little more infrastructure or hands on work.
- If you have a big enough home you can use a portion of it to provide child care.
- You can make from 100 to 200 dollars per child depending on your location and the age of the children.
- You will need to get licensure for your state.
Event / Wedding / Party Planner
- If you like planning parties from birthday, to weddings, to anniversary or other events, you can make a good living doing it.
- You’ll need to make connections with caterers, bakers and others who can help you with the parties.
- You’ll manage everything and put it all together and make sure nothing goes wrong.
- If you are good with music and know how to teach people to play an instrument, sing, or perform you can become a music teacher from your home.
- You may need to get a background check to work with kids if the parents are going to leave.
Soap Maker / Jewelry Maker / Knitter
- Making artisan soaps, jewelry, knitting, crocheting and selling the creations at your local farmer’s market, thrift store and even online at a store like Etsy.com is a great way to earn more money in a business of your own.
- Do you have a motivational story to tell, have you achieved success that you can help others achieve?
- If so, you might consider becoming a public speaker.
- You can get on various speakers lists and make quite a good living speaking.
- This requires travel, so it’s not working “at” home but your home can be your base.
- If you can sew, you can create a business in a variety of ways from making custom made clothing or purses to alterations.
- You can sell online and locally to custom shops by offering a percentage of sales to local boutiques.
- It might not be romantic but there is a lot of money to be earned in the housekeeping business.
- People need help due to their busy lives and you can provide that help.
- You’ll go to their location to do the cleaning, of course, but you can run everything else from your home office.
- If you have at least 1/2 an acre, you can start gardening as a business.
- You can grow salad vegetables, herbs and more and sell them to local restaurants and even some grocery stores, or set up a stand at your local farmer’s market.
- If you live in the right location you can set up a stand right there.
- If you love pets, you can clean them and groom them so that they look good.
- You can do this right from home if you create a little grooming shop in an extra room.
- Check your local laws to find out the rules of regulation.
- Do you like cooking special meals?
- If so you can do that for people in their homes.
- You shop for the ingredients, cook them in the client’s house, and then freeze them in labeled containers for the client to heat up later during the week.
- Have a knack at building things with woodworking equipment?
- You can create new items from scratch or you can refurbish and then sell older items.
- This business can be quite lucrative and start as a hobby.
- Got a lawn mower and some equipment you can start a landscaping business.
- Even if all you do is mow lawns and edge them you can earn a good living during the season.
- You can easily make 30 to 40 an hour.
- If you have a way with color, staging furniture and making a house feel like a home you might want to start an interior decorating business.
- You will earn money based on the total budget so you’ll need to be good at getting discounts from suppliers.
Hopefully, these ideas helped you think of something you can do from home.
Being a mom is a difficult job but if you can do something to earn money as a work at home mom it will make everything a lot easier.
No need to commute to work, buy expensive clothing, and in some cases you don’t even need child care.
At the very least, you’ll be able to work around your children’s schedules so that you can have a better balanced family life.