In an online work at home business you can use your computer and technology to do everything you need to do in order to make money from the comfort of your home office.
Invest in the best laptop or personal computer that you can afford, or start with what you have right now.
Match your skillset with the type of audience you want to work with and you can create a business.
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- This is sort of like being a secretary.
- Anything a secretary can do that doesn’t require a physical presence, a VA can do.
- Some people also call this an Administrative Assistant or Administrative Consultant.
Web Designer / Template Bender
- With the right skills you can design full-fledged websites from scratch or you can train yourself to become an expert with certain builders and platforms like Wix or self-hosted WordPress.
- You can do anything from publishing Kindle books on Amazon, to writing for people who need content for their websites and blogs.
- If you have a gift with words you may even be able to be a copywriter creating awesome sales material.
- Believe it or not, people are earning a real living as YouTube stars.
- The trick is to find a niche, and make daily vlogs regarding the niche.
- Be entertaining, promote your channel, and at some point you’ll start earning money through ad revenue, sponsorships, and your own products such as books and premiums.
- Start a blog in a niche that you enjoy, know a lot about, and are an expert in.
- Post a daily blog post informing and entertaining your audience.
- You’ll earn money via advertising, affiliate sales, and your own products and service offerings.
Online Marketing Consultant
- If you love helping others promote their business on social media and other online avenues then an online marketing consultant might be something you’d like to do.
- With the popularity of Facebook and other social sites businesses need a lot of help doing everything from posting memes to helping them develop better profiles.
- Many types of business owners have regular webinars to promote their products and services.
- They need people who know how to use the platform they choose, how to set up sign up pages, and how to troubleshoot the technology.
Online Business Manager
- Just like a bricks and mortar business needs a manager, any business online that expects to grow needs a manager too.
- You can specialize with different niches such as managing a coaching business, an affiliate business or even an online business that sells physical products.
Life / Business Coach
- If you have a gift for helping people and the expertise to do it you can become a life or business coach.
- There are coaches that help people start businesses, lose weight, parent better and more.
- With affiliate marketing you usually combine blogging or vlogging with promoting other people’s products.
- You’ll get a special link that you set up to send people to the product and you’ll get a percentage of each sale that you make.
Online Teacher / Tutor
- Today, there are many ways that you can teach people online.
- You no longer have to be in the same room.
- You can use live streaming technology to meet with students live or you can set up courses using a platform like Udemy for almost any type of subject from learning to be happy to algebra.
Starting an online business simply requires knowledge of using the technology available, knowing who you want to work with, what your skills are and finding a way to match those qualities together to create an amazing online business.
When you work from home, most of the time you don’t have to get child care or buy nice clothing, or even have transportation. You can schedule your work around your children’s schedules and create a very balanced life while earning a full time living.