There are many reasons to work from home as a mom, but these are some of the biggest reasons to try it.
You can put your expertise to work as a WAHM (Work At Home Mom) and reap all the benefits of having a full time job and using your time as you see fit.
No Business Clothing Required
- Wearing business clothing is a pain for a new mom.
- You try to get ready for work and before you know it the baby has spit up on you and you have to change clothes.
- This will end.
- No one is really super mom, but if you have your own home based business you can be a lot more productive.
- You can fit everything into the time you have if you have control over your calendar.
No Distractions from Co-Workers
- While you will have some distractions from your children, they are a pleasure, you won’t have any from co-workers stopping by your desk to gossip.
- Baby hugs and kisses are so much better.
- Having control of your calendar is an amazing thing.
- You can write in all the important things you need to do as a mom and arrange work around that.
- Everyone knows that sitting all day long is bad for your health.
- When you work for yourself you can schedule in exercise to combat the damage done by sitting all day long.
- You can also eat more home-cooked from scratch meals which will make you healthier as well.
- When you work for someone else, no matter how hard you work you get the same salary or hourly pay.
- But, when you have your own business, the harder you work, the more money you’ll earn.
- It’s cold outside and gas prices are up, and you get to stay indoors and enjoy your little family and still earn money without having multiple vehicles in your family.
- This can save the average family 600 or more dollars each month.
- It can be very expensive to rent office space.
- In most towns the average is about 20 dollars per square foot per year.
- That can really add up.
Lower Your Work Stress
- When you like what you do, who you do it for, and who you’re with all day, the stress in your life will go down exponentially.
- Once again, having ultimate calendar control enables you to work when you’re at your best.
- Some people work best at 3 am, others work best from 8:30 am to 3 pm while their kids are in school.
Naturally, the very best reason to work from home as a mom is your children.
Being there for your child’s firsts is important to you but you also need to earn a living of some kind makes working from home a viable alternative.
With the advent of high speed Internet it’s more possible than ever to work from home.