Being a working mom can be very difficult.
Even though more dads are stepping up to help out more often, the fact is, it’s women who get pregnant, and women who breastfeed. It can make working life difficult for the mom.
But, moms who figure out a way to work from home usually have a lot more work life balance which helps them find more joy in both working and motherhood.
But, it’s important to ask yourself some questions before becoming a Work At Home Mom.
Assess Your Skills
- What are you good at doing?
- Make a list of the type of skills you already have as well as the education you have.
- Don’t worry if you feel deficient, you can always take a course, or do online training to get yourself up to speed.
- Check out Udemy for plenty of courses to help you.
Determine How Much Time You Can Realistically Devote
- When you have a family to take care of you need to be realistic about the time you have.
- Will you need to get child care for your chosen path?
- Can you work around your children’s schedule?
- Don’t put roadblocks in your way by choosing something that is too hard to start as soon as possible.
Know Who You Want to Work with
- What are the types of people you enjoy working with and for?
- Will you hate sitting at a computer with earphones on taking calls from people don’t do it.
- Find something else.
- There are so many ways you can earn money from home today that you don’t have to settle for something you hate.
Know if You Want a Business or a Job
- Starting a business means you have to be very self-reliant.
- You have to push yourself to market your business to find clients.
- At a job, you just have to apply and get hired and then you simply perform the job you were hired to do.
- There is no right or wrong way or better way.
- How you prefer to work is what matters.
Get Down to Work
- Don’t make excuses or get tied up with perfection.
- Instead, once you figure out what you want to do, write down the steps to doing it each and every day.
Take the time to do your due diligence to avoid scams.
Don’t give out your social security number without knowing a company is legit.
If you want to start a business you should name your business and then go to the IRS site, if you’re an American Citizen, and get a free Employer Identification Number (EIN).
Then just do it and get started.
Leave a Reply